Wednesday, March 09, 2005

So I wasn't seeing things

Last night, while doing one last breeze through the channels before going to bed, I thought I noticed Dennis Miller doing part of the monologue on The Tonight Show, while Jay Leno stood off to the side in approval. I was going to stop and listen, but then I remembered that Miller bugs the $#!t out of me ever since he decided to become George W. Bush's personal court jester.

Turns out I wasn't hallucinating from flipping the channels too fast. Leno is sticking his tongue at the gag order imposed on him when he was subpoenaed to testify in the Michael Jackson trial. (And if you're like me and wondering why the hell is Jay Leno being asked to testify in this, it's because the mother of the alleged victim asked Leno, among other celebrities, for money.)

Temporary stunt or Leno covering his ass? Well, Roseanne Barr's doing part of the monologue tonight...