Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Still here, still standing


©2005 Universal Press Syndicate

No, this isn't why I didn't post an entry yesterday - and might not until late this afternoon. Today's looking like a busy day, and I'm still trying to regain my bearings after Mis Hooz's weekend visit. That girl wore me out, man. My adopted laid-back Iowa philosophy wasn't ready for her New York, jet-set lifestyle.

Actually, I think she took to the area quite well. It was a fun weekend. Good people, good company, good times. And there's nothing like a guest visiting from out-of-town to make a town seem interesting again. Places that might seem boring or repetitive suddenly look fresh, with a different perspective. You get to check out an establishment or two that you might not have gone to by yourself. And you might realize just how hermit-like your existence has been after someone drags you out of the house to rock the town.

Now, the apartment seems a bit empty. But I'll try to keep busy so I don't dwell on that.

More later today, hopefully. Keep on rockin', people.