Friday, April 01, 2005

Back among the living

Nothing will shake you out of nursing your near-hangover in the morning like people working on your roof. Geez-us. Last Friday, it was banging below me. This morning, it was banging, sanding, paving and who knows what the else above me. It sounded like someone was about to open up a large hole directly over my bed.

I tried to think of a good April Fool's joke, like writing that Spike TV had decided to hire me to develop a sequel to Invasion Iowa after reading my rant about it. But you guys are smarter than that. Big ups to Raging Red, however, who threw caution to the wind and stomped on the hearts of her readers. What a cruel carrot-topped vixen she is.

There's usually a surprise on the comics page every April Fool's Day. Thanks to Darby Conley (Get Fuzzy) and Stephen Pastis (Pearls Before Swine) for not disappointing me.