Monday, August 15, 2005

Too early to think about 2008?

I don't know how many of you have already seen this. (I saw it at warrenellis.com.) I'm probably late to the party - as usual. But if you haven't seen it, it might be time to start getting excited about the 2008 presidential election. Ladies and gentleman, think about...

Walken in 2008.

I think he should use my favorite line from Batman Returns ("Bottom line, she tries to blackmail me, I'll drop her out a higher window. Meantime, I got better fish to fry.") for his stump speech. That would probably guarantee my vote. (And it could be quite effective in a campaign against, say, Hillary Clinton.)

Or maybe he should go with the Dead Zone approach. (You voted for the other guy... on the way back from... the polling place... you're driving... your shoelace... it'll loop around the gas pedal... your foot can't reach the brake. You hit a tree... kill a cat... you spill your coffee on that white shirt you like. Anyway, you should vote for me.)

Promising, no?