Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'll have what he's having

What the hell is up with the Tigers' Carlos Pena lately? He slammed two home runs in last night's 4-1 victory over the Oakland Athletics.

Dude has hit five home runs since getting called up from the minor leagues last Wednesday. Over that same week, I think I've eaten five turkey sandwiches. But hey, they were big ones. Stacked. With vegetables. You know what I'm sayin'.

Yet despite all that, Pena probably won't be on next year's Tigers team, which I think is a sign of how full their batting lineup has become. My Tigers glass is half-full, people.

Rather than crack jokes, Billfer at least attempts to explain how Pena's bat is suddenly hotter than Catherine Zeta-Jones eating a bushel of habanero peppers in a sauna at The Detroit Tigers Weblog.

(Image via Steve Perez/ The Detroit News)