Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The blog must be fed...

All you bloggers out there can surely relate to Joel Achenbach's "Rough Draft" column in Sunday's Washington Post. If you didn't read it, here's a taste:

"The blog is hungry. The blog will not be ignored. It is an insatiable little beast, a creature still unclassified by science -- hairy, warty, slobbering, with its own fiendish agenda. I often fantasize about killing the blog, but I worry that it will respond just like the crazed computer in '2001: A Space Odyssey': It will try to kill me first."

Or maybe it's just me. I hate to admit the blog has taken control of my life, but of course it has - at least to some degree. "Have I posted to the blog today?" is moving up there with "Have I eaten yet?" You guys have that same feeling, right?

Right?

The "Achenblog," by the way, can be found here.