Saturday, February 11, 2006

Rock 'n roll ain't blog pollution

When Raging Red said she wanted to "tag" me, I got excited. But she had something else in mind. Rats. First, Love Monkey is cancelled, and now this. So before I return the candles (I'll be keeping the wine and breath mints), I have her music meme-thingy to share with you.

The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones: Always just a shot away. I didn't expect the Stones to play this at the Super Bowl, but I wish they would've.
2. Pretty Vegas - INXS: I want to hate this song, yet I can't. It's not very good and I think the new singer is just not right for their band, INXS, yet here I am listening to it. It's the old INXS fan in me, I guess.
3. Don't Bring Me Down - Electric Light Orchestra: The first song out of my iPod this morning. My fingers and hips do this weird dance when I hear it. Probably why I don't play it in the car too often.
4. Automatic - Chris Whitley: I'm way behind on this, but I just found out Whitley died back in November, due to lung cancer. That man played a sweet steel guitar.
5. Hey Julie - Fountains of Wayne: This was played on Scrubs on Tuesday night. I love it when FoW gets movie or TV play. They should be the biggest band in the universe.
6. Rock 'N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - AC/DC: I #@$%ing love the Nike commercial with this song. Yet it doesn't make me want to go out running. Maybe it's because I'm an Asics guy?
7. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground - The White Stripes: I would love this to be my alarm clock every morning. Starts out soft, then pounds you with rock. Makes me want to learn to play guitar.

Okay, that wasn't so bad. A couple of the picks were influenced by TV, which doesn't really surprise me, but I'm reminded of how little music I get from the radio these days.

Do I really have to "tag" seven other bloggers? Okay, if you're not up for it, I'll understand, but I'll choo-choo-choose Susannah, Evan, Tysen, Liz, Miko, Kevin, and Zac to play with me. And for anyone reading this, please feel free to leave your own lists in the comments. Off to bed.