Friday, January 05, 2007

Nerd Alert! (But critically acclaimed)

If you're like me, and never managed to hop onto the Battlestar Galactica season 3 wagon, the SciFi Channel is helping you out on Monday.

One week before the second half of Season 3 begins (now on Sunday nights), SciFi is running a marathon of the last 11 episodes. As if I didn't already have hours (including four or five episodes of Galactica) of butt-numbing programming saved on my DVR...

I can't think of any good reason why I've fallen so far behind on a show I've loved. Is it possible that I've found things to do on Friday nights? Nah. (Although I was quite the hermit when I lived in Iowa City.) Has my DVR made me a lazier, more procrastinating TV viewer than I ever could've imagined. Hmm... could be.

And no, I'm not planning on sitting through 11 straight hours on Monday. That wouldn't really jibe with the semi-resolution to get more active. Besides, can you really think of anything you'd like to do for 11 straight hours? Seriously.

Although if the marathon was on a Sunday... maybe.

EDIT: (01/10) Looks like I was off by a week. Oops. The marathon will air on Monday 01/15. And the second half of Season 3 begins on 01/21 at 10 p.m.