Monday, February 18, 2008

Why Michigan State is Better Than Michigan in Hoops

Nothing against John Beilein (nice win over Ohio State yesterday, Coach), but here's an example of why Michigan State will dominate the state's hoops scene as long as Tom Izzo is their head coach:



I'm glad a journalist finally asked Coach Izzo what he thought of Jay-Z's "H to the Izzo." I've been wondering about that for years. That must be why Ron Burgundy was the dean of the journalism program, and why I didn't think I could cut it as a freshman.

I find it difficult to imagine Beilein being that kind of a sport. (We know Tommy Amaker wouldn't have been.)

Rich Rodriguez, on the other hand, would probably be game for a sit-down with Burgundy (though an interview with Lloyd Carr would've been a hell of a lot funnier).

(via Awful Announcing)