Thursday, February 07, 2008

Iron Man and The Dark Knight Don't Have This

I'm not a regular reader of Page Six, but occasionally some news breaks that just can't be ignored. From today's New York Post:

Scarlett Johansson has a steamy lesbian sex scene with Penelope Cruz in Woody Allen's upcoming "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." A source tells us: "It is also extremely erotic. People will be blown away and even shocked. Penelope and Scarlett go at it in a red-tinted photography dark room, and it will leave the audience gasping."

Gasping with surprise or gasping for air?

I haven't cared for most of Woody Allen's recent offerings (and the title "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" is awful), but I'm open to rethinking that stance. I'm also willing to re-evaluate my opinion that Johansson is a terribly overrated actress (except for Lost in Translation) who gets work because directors probably fall in love with her.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I included a photo of a smiling Javier Bardem, click on the NYP link and read the second-to-last sentence. I imagine he wanted more than a few takes to get those scenes just right.

(via Pop Candy)