Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day?

What's a cuter Mother's Day gift than a heart-shaped cookie with "Mom" written on it?

Well, I hope to hell this isn't a bad omen.


Not so cute when the cookie breaks just as Mom picks it up. I swear there was no crack when I brought it home. (If anything, all of the cookie's molecules should've been fused together because, well, I left it in the car for about an hour on a sunshiny Friday. The cupcake I also bought for her didn't quite make the transition. Poor me, I had to clean up melted chocolate frosting. With my mouth.)

Anyway, I insisted Mama Cass eat the damn thing after dinner because a pink broken heart cookie (with the crack going right through "Mom") was just too depressing to look at for very long.

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you mothers reading this today.