Monday, November 13, 2006

The "Lights" are staying on

Congratulations to my buddy Clint, and everyone else associated with Friday Night Lights, as they got some great news from NBC today. As first reported by TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, the show was picked up for a full season by the network, meaning 22 episodes will be broadcast.

I was able to briefly chat with Clint this afternoon (just an hour after they got the news themselves - that Ausiello guy is fast!), and he said a celebratory lunch was being enjoyed by all. I'm sure those were some damn tasty sandwiches.

I know it might seem like I'm saying this just because my friend works on the show, but Friday Night Lights is some damn fine television, and I've become insanely fond of the show.

If you haven't given it a chance yet, I don't think you'd be sorry for giving up an hour of your time. Tuesdays at 8 p.m.! Plus, FOX moved House to 9 p.m., so nothing good is standing in your way anymore.