Thursday, March 30, 2006

You're making me happy, Paul Westerberg

If this little nugget that I read at Pop Candy today is really going to happen, I will be a happy, happy man. The Replacements getting back together to record some new songs for a retrospective set (unfortunately, not a box set)? Oh, hell yeah.

Apparently, it is going to happen. And that gets my hyperbole glands tingling.

See, I think the 'Mats are one of the best rock bands of all time. When my roommate introduced me to them in my freshman year of college, it was like everything I thought I knew about music meant nothing. All the music I'd listened to before that was total $#!+. The world opened up to me.

I know you've all had bands or albums that had the same effect on you (and I hope you mention some of 'em in the comments). Which ones made you want to throw out your music collection and start all over?