Monday, September 24, 2007

Today's Reading - 09/24/07

‘30 Rock’ Lives, and Tina Fey Laughs

I'm not posting this because I'm in love with Tina Fey. (C'mon - that'd be totally ridiculous. She's on TV and stuff. Atop a pedestal of unattainability. Have you seen her American Express commercial? Hilarious.) But I loved watching reruns of 30 Rock this summer so much I wanted to take them behind the middle school and get them pregnant. And maybe winning an Emmy for Best Comedy Series will give it a much-needed push. (National Bingo Night drew higher ratings. Blurgh.)

Way to Go, 'Chuck'!

I hope I'm not setting myself up to be disappointed, but Chuck is one of the new fall TV shows that I'm most excited about. (Pushing Daisies is the other.) And it's not just because of the hot blonde spy. Okay, maybe a little bit. But if the increasingly curmudgeonly Tom Shales likes Chuck, it might be pretty good.

(This post is starting to look like a NBC advertisement. Okay, let's start taking bets on which new show gets canceled first. I'd put money on Journeyman, which is getting killed by the critics.)

Handling of teacher, comic issue riles parents

An English teacher in New Haven, CT gave one of his students an issue of Daniel Clowes' Eightball as a make-up for a summer reading assignment. The parents of the student raised concerns over the comic book's content to school officials, and the teacher resigned shortly after being placed on administrative leave. Now the student is being harassed by classmates blaming her for the teacher's resignation. (via The Beat)