Friday, April 28, 2006

Some real "Fried Rice Thoughts"

Okay, I'm jealous. Here I am, calling my blog "Fried Rice Thoughts," while others out there are actually writing (and thus, thinking) about fried rice. I staked my territory (at least in a figurative sense) and let someone sneak in behind me to take it.

I got lazy. I became complacent. I forgot who I was, much like "The Bride" in Kill Bill. (Except I'd be, like, "The Groom." 'Cuz I can't totally identify with a female protagonist. Duh.) The sins of my past means I can never be truly happy in the present and future. I forgot that. I clearly needed to be shaken out of my malaise. And now that's happened.

Should I really be surprised that my arch-nemesis, Raging Red, is the one to go all Genghis Khan on my @$$? Hellooooo, Red. We meet again.

Epic battles between long-time nemeses aside, Ms. Red has some great tips for a good bowl of fried rice. (And I'm very happy she opted for shrimp over, say, diced ham, which is a fried rice ingredient I've never been able to embrace. My grandmother - father's side - used to make it that way, which often offended the sensibilities of "Pork, Shrimp, or Nothing!" Mama Cass.) I'm getting mighty hungry after looking at the picture she posted.

And while you're at it, read more of Red's entries at There's a Blog in My Soup. She and Josh are writing some fun stuff - cooking ideas, restaurant reviews, and more - over there.

Am I buttering her up so I can stick a shiv in her once she turns around? No, of course not. Don't be ridiculous. Besides, I need Red to fix me some fried rice first.