Thursday, April 13, 2006

On the bright side...

With 75-degree temperatures today, I decided to finally break out the shorts for the spring. It always feels nice to let the legs get a little more air, but I tend to forget just how white they've gotten while being covered up all winter. For the sake of my fellow citizens' eyesight, I really shouldn't leave the house with my legs exposed during those first couple shorts-wearing weeks. Looking directly at them can cause permanent damage to your retinas. I've almost caused a few auto accidents over the years.

But if I don't give 'em some sun, how will they get any color, right? This is a dilemma I struggle with every spring.

Oh, you think I'm exaggerating? Well? Do you? Okay, smart guy, just to show you how serious this is, I had a picture taken of my legs. I should warn you to put on some strong sunglasses, preferably some old-people wraparound blueblockers. Are you ready?


As you can see (well, maybe you can't - but you can almost make out the hairs on those things), my legs really messed with the camera's lens. All the brightness and color corrections in the world couldn't fix that image, man. And unfortunately, that picture is the last one that camera will ever take. I feel pretty bad about it, mostly because I can't afford to buy my buddy a new one right now.

On the other hand, he did want to take a picture of my legs...