Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm Feelin' Thankful For the Small Things Today...


Today at Fried Rice Thoughts, we're celebrating the celebration of champions. It was on this day 34 years ago that my mother pushed me out of her womb and into this world. Given that the last two movies I've seen - Knocked Up and Waitress - largely centered around childbirth, I'm especially grateful for what she went through to get me here.

As I get older and more grumpy, I say that I don't like to make a big deal about birthdays. But this morning, I've already been the recipient of some tremendous gifts and kindnesses. I'm touched and extremely grateful.

And thanks to Mis Hooz's thoughtfulness and generosity, I will most certainly not be asking:


(courtesy of 609 Design and The Tony Kornheiser Show)

Be good today, everyone. But enjoy an adult beverage while you're at it.