Thursday, June 29, 2006

I thought it was Superman Week...

Not The Invisible Man Week.

Yeah, about that. I know I've been a bad, bad blogger. Surely, Superman would shake his head at me in disgust, with arms folded, before leaving me to my fate.

Then I would hand the Man of Steel a copy of Motor City Sports Magazine, showing him why I've been in virtual blog silence this week. It's a classic case of "the writing gig giveth and taketh away." (And just as The Film Geek generously plugged me, in anticipation of Superman Week. Sorry, TFG.) So now, I can really say I've been away "on assignment." (How cool is that?!)

Thanks to the aforementioned writing gig, I was a credentialed member of the media at Comerica Park on Monday for a Tigers-Astros baseball game. I'd love to write all about it - and if I get a chance, I hope to - because it was honestly one of the coolest, and most informative, experiences of my life. And yes, here comes the plug: my article can be seen in the August issue of MCSM, set to hit shelves in, well, August.

I hope to have some Superman-related material posted tomorrow. I don't know if that will include a review of Superman Returns, however. I have seen it, of course. (Is the Pope Catholic?) But I really want to see it again, because there were some things I just wasn't expecting. Please feel free to consider two viewings in four days when wondering how I felt about the film.

As always, thank you for stopping by.