Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mach-Go... Go! Mach-Go... Go!

I hope you'll indulge me for posting this video clip more for my own benefit than sharing it with the Fried Rice Friendos out there. After watching the new trailer for the Speed Racer movie - which I'm pretty sure did something to my brain with all of the scenery's sharp, kaleidoscopic colors - I had to find out what the original cartoon looked like. Thankfully, David Poland posted this little refresher over at The Hot Blog.



I actually didn't watch much of Speed Racer as a kid, or just don't remember (though I recall MTV or some other channel showing it at some point). So I can't really call myself a "fan," per se, though I'll see anything the Wachowski brothers make, and the visuals in the trailer (GO!) look absolutely incredible.