Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Basking in Some Hives Afterglow

Judging from my overflowing Google Reader and inbox (also brought to me by Google, which I totally think is going to become Skynet), it's going to take me a day or so to regain my online bearings after visiting the lovely and talented Mis Hooz in New York for a weekend. (In the real world, getting settled was pretty easy once I had dinner in my favorite armchair.) If I could sum up the trip in one sentence, I would say that Mis Hooz treated me like a rock star, while Northwest Airlines treated me like dog shit.

For now, however, I'd like to focus on the positive, which included an outstanding performance by The Hives (and The Donnas) at Terminal 5. Several photos from the show have been posted on Facebook, if you're interested in checking out the preening, strutting Howlin' Pelle Almqvist and the rest of his Hive five. Otherwise, here's a video from an old radio appearance that Mis Hooz told me about.



Our show was a little bit better, and a hell of a lot louder. Plus, the brothers Almqvist wore their trademark matching suits. But hopefully, you get the vibe.