Monday, January 12, 2009

The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few... or the One

I guess today is Bad Sci-Fi Overacting Day here at Fried Rice Thoughts.

With Pat and Todd of "The Morning Ticket" being generous enough to invite me on for some baseball chat each week, I figured the least I could do is give their show a listen. And this morning, Pat was incredulous over Todd admitting that he'd never seen Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. I won't go so far as to say Todd should lose his Man Card, as Pat suggested, but 'Wrath of Khan' certainly has to be seen, if for no other reason than the cultural reference.

So as a favor, I figured I'd post what's probably the most memorable scene (for better or worse) from the movie:



At least I didn't post a clip of that ear slug squirming out of Chekov's ear. (I couldn't find it, anyway.)

UPDATE: Since Paramount Pictures took down the 'Wrath of Khan' clip that was available on YouTube, here's a trailer from the film instead.