Thursday, May 08, 2008

What Magic Make-Up Can Do

So were you at all skeptical when you heard or read that Oliver Stone cast Josh Brolin to play George W. Bush? Maybe we should all shelve that skepticism now.

How about the power of wigs and prosthetics? Of course, a still photograph is different than seeing whether or not Brolin and Elizabeth Banks can convincingly portray the President and First Lady. But man, they sure look the part. (Though I'm still not really comfortable with an actress I consider rather adorable playing Mrs. Bush. I suppose that's an issue I'll have to deal with on my own.)

The Entertainment Weekly feature article includes a close-up photo of Brolin in full Bush make-up. I can't help but think of this as sort of a dark comedy, especially with some of the wacked-out directions Stone's films (excepting World Trade Center, which was surprisingly conventional) can take.

(via Cinematical)