Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sneezing and Coughing Keeps Me from Traffic and Weather

This week might already be too much to handle. First, baseball season started yesterday. And today, the new Fountains of Wayne album, Traffic and Weather, was released.


Apparently, this (along with tour dates being announced - Detroit in June!) was all too much for my system to handle, as I appear to have finally come down with the sick that's been afflicting many of my fellow citizens (and which I taunted with my good health mere weeks ago).

But was I truly ill, or did I feel worse because I knew that constantly blowing my nose and trying to sleep off whatever is currently plaguing me wouldn't allow me to get my hands on a copy of Traffic and Weather?

Why the hell didn't I just pre-order the damn thing from Amazon or the band's website? No, I have to go out and buy it - because it reminds me of how I used to get my music - even though whatever big box store is more convenient for me to shop at probably won't have it in stock. That'll be my next blog: How many stores did I have to go to? Dammit.

Someone, bring it to me. And can you also get me some more orange juice? Maybe throw in a box of tissue paper, too. Or a bottle of whiskey, if that's easier to find.