Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Fried Rice Thoughts Wine Guide?

I'm probably about to expose myself as a complete fraud and wanna-be regarding the consumption and appreciation of wine. Miles from Sideways, I am most certainly not.

But, um, when you take a sip of wine and it tastes like you just put pure gasoline into your mouth, the wine is probably bad, right?

I'm just checking - because I'm hardly a connoisseur. I don't even own a wine guide or dictionary. And yes, I like wine, but honestly, I probably drink the red stuff more for the supposed health benefits. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Maybe I didn't leave the bottle open long enough and let the tannins breathe, or do whatever else they're supposed to do. I just wanted something to drink with dinner, and I was getting kind of thirsty, okay?

What kind of wine was it? Well, I'd prefer not to say - mostly because I can't find a link to it on the internet. But it was a Cabernet Sauvignon, and... I didn't spend very much money on it at Trader Joe's. Hey, it was on an end-cap, okay? The sign caught my eye! (And I've had some very good fortune with stuff I've purchased there over the last couple of years. I also like to think I've come to know a little bit about wine. But I might be a fraud.)

Maybe I should just stick to beer, eh? I know what I'm getting into there.

On the bright side, I might try to see if my car can run on this swill...