Saturday, July 30, 2005

Plugs and palmettos

The writing of Sam - which you might know from such blogs as Blue Cats and Red Sox - has been plugged twice here in the past week. Well, I'm going for a third because today was a busier day than expected and this piece, comparing the merits of Boston Red Sox second basemen to a dead sea lamprey, might be the funniest thing you read all week. Baseball analysis has never been so astute.

On another note, Fried Rice Thoughts is broadcasting from down south one more time for the summer. The people of Charleston, SC have spoken, so I have returned to the Lowcountry. (Translation: Lil' Sis asked if I wanted to visit. I said sure - there are at least 237 restaurants I haven't been to yet. And I can scratch my minor league baseball itch by catching a Charleston River Dogs game. $8 for a seat behind home plate, and less than $5 for a beer? Count me in. Even if it's hotter than a jalapeno in a fiery brick oven dipped in molten lava down south.)