Monday, June 09, 2008

And How Did You Spend Your Monday Morning... ?


This was the scene outside the Borders in downtown Ann Arbor this morning, with people lined up to get wristbands for David Sedaris's reading and signing this evening. Wristbands only came with a purchase of his new book, of course, and were passed out beginning at 9 a.m. I got there at 8:45, though I intended to arrive a bit earlier and the queue was already stretched from Borders' front door to the corner of Liberty and State. I'm not sure when people began to gather.

Even had I not gotten a wristband (I think they were capped at 400), I would've been happy to buy a book. But since I did nab a wristband, I guess I now have plans for the evening besides watching baseball. Will I have the patience to wait in line for a signature? Not if everyone in attendance gets in line. Life is getting shorter by the day, thinks the man who turned (gasp!) 35 yesterday.