Friday, October 29, 2004

Breaking the Seal


I've been thinking about doing one of these blog things for a while, and this seemed to be as good a time as any. If the Boston Red Sox can win the World Series, then we may be at the end of the world as we know it. So before things change irrevocably - the sun rising in the west and setting in the east, toilet water swirling counterclockwise, buttered toast landing dry side up, etc. - then I'm going to post my inane thoughts for all (some, few) to see. Maybe I'll be writing into the vacuum of cyberspace. But at least I'll have tried.

And don't think I'm joking about this end of the world stuff. It's October 29 and it was 80 degrees today in Iowa. As I write this, there's a tornado warning for the eastern part of the state.

I'm sure there will be plenty to say until Election Day on Tuesday. The voting process looks like a potential disaster, but hopefully, it all goes smoothly. Otherwise, more end-of-the-world jokes from me. My fingers are tightly crossed for the Massachusetts guy. They're on a roll.