Monday, February 16, 2009

The Beard is Gone

With the end of "Manuary" (as Big League Stew's Kevin Kaduk coined it), it was only a matter of time before the facial hair I had accumulated (along with the untamed mane of hair that had grown) needed to be shorn away. The protective hirsute armor I had built to protect myself from the elements had outlived its usefulness and appeal.

Yesterday, I took clippers to face and left my beard in the sink. After that, it was off to New Age Salon, where a Taiwanese lady can cut my Asian-esque hair in a way that doesn't look awful when it grows out again in a couple of weeks. I have once again rejoined civilization, cleaned up enough to be recognized by the Twitterati.

So what did the whole thing look like? Well, it may or may not have resembled this:


My glasses are less clunky. That's all I have to add.