Thursday, September 18, 2008

When Chris Matthews Attacks

I've always been kind of a fan of Hardball (though I actually much prefer Chris Matthews' syndicated Sunday show), but it's become regular viewing for me since, oh, January. So I was watching when Matthews tore Congressman Eric Cantor (R-VA) to shreds yesterday, and meant to post something about it much earlier. If you didn't see it, well... release the hounds.



I'm surprised Cantor's Democratic counterpart during the segment, Robert Wexler, didn't let out a Nelson-like "HA ha!" after the smoke had cleared.

Matthews was dead-on in calling Cantor out on his bull$#!+. The McCain campaign (and the Republican party, in general) is acting like some George W. Bush belongs to some mysterious third party that's been running the White House for the past eight years. Do they really think people are going to buy that "foolery," as Matthews termed it? He got a standing ovation in my house last night.