Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tonight's Reading - 09/12/07

To Burundi and Beyond for Coffee’s Holy Grail

This could be a good Travel Channel show: Coffee Hunters! (The exclamation point would, of course, connote that caffeine kick.) So some coffee roasters will travel the world to find good beans. But unless they've dug through dung for some Kopi Luwak coffee, I'm not sure I'm all that impressed.

Cubs fan, blog man

Kudos to one of my SportsBlogs Nation brethren for receiving some richly deserved spotlight from the mainstream Chicago media. Al Yellon runs the definitive Chicago Cubs blog, Bleed Cubbie Blue, and was one of the first bloggers recruited to write for SB Nation. I plan on showing this article to anyone who thinks I've spent far too much time working on Bless You Boys this baseball season.

Academy to Invite Jon Stewart Back as Oscar Host

It's not like I wasn't going to watch next year's Academy Awards anyway. But Jon Stewart as host gets me even more excited to tune in. I thought Ellen DeGeneres did a great job this year, but it's probably a good idea not to bring back the same host in consecutive years. Plus, Stewart and his "Daily Show" crew will probably produce some material, which has to make the show more entertaining.

Q&A With 'The Brave One' Actor Terrence Howard

I definitely want to see The Brave One. Jodie Foster does it Charles Bronson-style, baby! I'm even more intrigued as I watch Foster and Neil Jordan talk about their movie with Charlie Rose while I write this. (Isn't it interesting that revenge flicks seem to be a popular trend this fall, too?) But this interview is more notable for Howard's thoughts on using baby wipes to "find a cleaner way to live."