Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I've never been more grateful for Netflix

Will the weather allow the Tigers and Yankees to play tonight? If not, I'm not sure what's going to happen to me. Because last night, with no Tigers game to watch, my channel surfing briefly took me to... Celebrity Duets on FOX.

I know.

Notice I said "briefly." Maybe that's no excuse. I should've just moved on to the next channel. But the train wreck factor kept me tuned in for a few minutes - more specifically, the end of Cheech Marin's performance.

I can't comment too much on Cheech's singing. I only caught a few notes. What was funny, however, was Wayne Brady's outro:

"Ladies and gentleman, Cheech Marin and the incomparable Peter Frampton!"

That might possibly have been TV history in the making. Did you ever think you'd hear such a sentence uttered?

Is this "Cheech Marin" really the same guy Grade School Ian once considered hilarious, and something of a counterculture icon? His head is exploding right now.

And while I'm at it: Wayne Brady, what are you doing? Son, you might have to go out and choke a b!+@#. Or call up Dave Chappelle for some more career rehab. I hope that paycheck was good.

So don't rain out my baseball game again! Who knows what I'll watch?

Meanwhile, have you ever wanted to punch a TV character in the head? Sheila from Rescue Me dredged up just such an urge for me last night. Ooooh, that woman! And hey, I'm a pacifist.