Monday, February 20, 2006

Dried prunes are surely next

While catching up on "Calvin and Hobbes" strips from the weekend (I get it sent to my e-mailbox every day), I found myself looking into a mirror. And I didn't like what I was seeing.


This was uncannily close to how I spent my Sunday morning. (If you think I did anything like run six miles, you're very sweet, very cute, and I like you. What I did was allegedly faster than walking, but not by much. In fact, let's just call it walking.)

But the big bowl of gummy oatmeal? The exhilaration from going out early in the cold weather? Oh. My. God. I am becoming Calvin's father. I already have the glasses. But the iPod keeps me young and cool, right? Right?

I am getting so old...

(Image from "Calvin and Hobbes" ©2006 Bill Watterson/ Universal Press Syndicate)