Monday, August 17, 2009

We're Moving Out and Moving On

Okay, here we go. I've had this in mind for a couple of months now, but procrastination (and baseball blogging) kept putting it off. I'm going to be moving El Bloggo from Blogger over to Squarespace.

I've been playing with their platform for most of the summer, and like all the toys they have to play with. I also like that I'll be able to create more of an actual website where I can archive some of my past writing.

For now, it'll be mostly a blog (which may or may not be a good idea, depending on who stops by). But once my days and nights aren't occupied by the Detroit Tigers, I'll see what I can really do with the site.

IanCasselberry.com is a bit narcissistic, I realize, and it's not as clever (or curious) as "Fried Rice Thoughts." Maybe I'll come up with something a little more creative down the line.

I don't plan to take this site down; there's a lot here that I'm proud of. But all of the old posts will also be archived over at the new place.

Thanks to everyone who has followed this blog over the past four years. I know it's not what it once was, when I gave this my full attention. But I hope you'll follow me over to the new site (and update your bookmarks, blogrolls, or RSS feeds accordingly, naturally), which I'll try my best to keep current (especially since I'll be paying for it now).

So please follow me over to IanCasselberry.com. (Here's the new RSS feed, too.) Hopefully, I can keep you interested and entertained enough to check it out regularly.